Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers

This is one of those recipes that I change every time I cook it. Its very versatile so have fun with it.

6-8 bell peppers any color I usually use green cause they are the cheapest
3-4 cups of cooked brown rice
2 C tomato sauce
3 t itailian seasoning (this is where you can mix it up if you want mexican seasoning instead)
1-2 Cups beans (I like black)
Veggies of your choice (zucchini, onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes ect.) chopped
nuts (cashews are really good)
  • saute veggies add in tomato sauce and seasoning.
  • add in beans and rice
  • cut tops off bell peppers get all the seeds out
  • I bake them in a 9x13 baking pan that has been spray with nonstick spray
  • stuff the peppers set tops on
  • bake at 350 degrees for 30- 60 mins until tops start to get brown

No comments: