Thursday, March 24, 2011

Steel Cut Oats


I like a website called fatfreevegan.com . She always has super yummy recipes that compliment the way I like to eat. I was reading how rolled oat have been cooked and processed a couple time before being packaged so some of the nutrients have been cooked out, she said that steel cut oats are more nutrient packed. So I decided to try them. I like them so did the kids and James.

Boil water.
Pour desired amount of oats in bowl them pour boiled water till covered. They will absorb the excess. Thats it for the oats.

I like to top them with banana, raisins, nuts, cinnamon, and other fruit depending on what we have (fresh pear is one of my fav). We try and stay away from sugar and honey but I know a lot of people like that. Also we have recently stopped buying Soy Milk so I just add a little extra water to make up for it and no one has noticed a difference.

No comments: