Sunday, March 28, 2010

Garden Box

Bella being totally silly and trying to ride her bike around the box

Do you ever just feel so blest? I have been feeling that way lately, I have been thinking to myself that Heavenly Father is really in tune with my family and our needs. James and I have really been wanting to do a garden this year, we eat so much fresh produce that if we got things growing well it would come in really useful. The only thing is neither of us has any experience with this and we didn't want to invest a lot of money doing it in case we didn't grow anything. Anyways I decided that I wanted to do a raised bed because I heard they are easier to care for and to keep weeds out of. I didn't however want to spend money on the wood to make one. Well one day after visiting teaching I was walking home and saw men loading up these large pieces of wood into the back of a truck, so I decided to stop and ask them what they were going to do with them and they were just going to take them to the dump! so of course I asked if I could have them. They were so nice they even brought them over and help unload them into the back yard. Then last week my friend Kathryn called and said she had some extra dirt and wanted to know if we wanted it. Hello so awesome! Now all we have to do is till up the ground underneath, throw the new dirt in and plant some seeds.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hooray for gardening...it's definitely a learning process. Good luck!