Monday, January 12, 2009

Prayers

So I had one of those experiences tonight where you are in shock and awe of your child. We were just laying Luke down to bed when James and I relized that we forgot prayers so James asked Luke if he would like to say it, his response was "Oh yes!". So we bowed our heads and I began to whisper in Lukes ear when he goes "shh I praying" a couple seconds went by and I started to whisper in his ear again and he shushed me again. So James and I just stood there and just waited. After a few more seconds sweet little Luke gave a full prayer all by himself. He said thank you for all his friends, toys stories, naps, milk, mommy, and daddy. It was actually quite a long prayer, I was very impressed and deeply touched that at such a young age the influence of the gospel is already taking place. I am so proud of that little boy and am glad that he has so many things to be thankful for.

3 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

that is so exciting! I love hearing what my boys pray for...

Sonya said...

Luke is so cute! I miss you guys!

Freddy and Mandy said...

Isn't it the sweetest feeling. You just know that has to be the Lord's favorite set of prayers...