Sunday, March 30, 2008

Luke goes potty (kinda)


Yesterday afternoon Luke (20 mos) came up to me and said, "mama, poo poo" so I checked his pants but there was no poo, so I just brushed it off as him passing gas or something. A couple seconds later I here him rustling around in the bathroom so I turned to look and there he was sitting on his little potty. I was like no way but low and behold I checked his pants and there was poo.
Maybe it was a fluke or maybe its time to start potty training the little turky.

3 comments:

HEATHER FABRIZIO said...

Hey sara, we are tring to potty train bradley too, and he was doing great he even pooed once on the potty, then he fell in the toilet not bad just a little, and now he is so scared of the potty he just tells me "no mom no potty" a minor set back. Just keep encouraging him he'll figure it out. You should go see my blog I just set it up its www.marioandheatherfabrizio.blog.com

shari berry bo-berry said...

that's awesome! I hope it's the start of successful potty training! :)

It was really good to see you guys tonight! HOpefully we will get together again before James's graduation in May.

Anonymous said...

I would very gently start asking him if he needs to potty. Generally at about 20 months my boys wanted to learn how to do it, see what the process is. Once they knew, they kinda backed off for awhile but the knowledge was still in their heads and at about 26 months they were ready to consistently work on it. Have to take y our time and just let the idea sink in, once you disclose all that is involved.